Assumptions(i.e. these are assumed to be true before using the AUC)
- The patient has been optimized and risk stratified and deemed an appropriate candidate for surgical intervention and non-operative treatment has been excluded.
- The patient or their representative has given adequate and informed consent for planned procedure and understands risks, benefits, and alternatives.
- The operating surgeon is trained and capable of performing planned operative techniques.
- The facility has proper implants, ancillary equipment available, and capable support personnel.
- Utilize a restrictive transfusion trigger (hemoglobin <8) to minimize use of blood transfusion according to published AAOS Guideline on Management of Hip fractures in the Elderly (www.orthoguidelines.org/hipfxguideline).
- For the sake of this AUC, Elderly is defined as age 60 and above.
I have read and understand the assumptions and disclaimer Return to homepage